Don't know what the official recommendation is or if there is one.
But what I currently do is deserialize the MasterInfos from zk, then use
the Operator API to attempt a GET_MASTER from each one until I get an
Relies on the "" constant defined in src/master/constants.hpp and
the fact that MasterInfos are serialized there.
Works in 1.5.0 anyway.