+1 for quarterly. I would also say that we should support 3 releases at any
given time, regardless of the duration that implies. If there are no
objections, I'll submit a patch to update our docs to this effect. I think
that slowing down our documented cadence a bit will give us a chance to
faithfully adhere to our stated policy.

Alex, I agree that releasing monthly would be great if we had better
automation. This is something we can work toward in the future I hope :)

Cheers,
Greg