Hi all,

During some internal scale testing, we noticed that, when Mesos streaming
endpoints are accessed via certain proxies (or load balancers), the proxies
might not close connections after they are complete.  For the Mesos master,
which only has the /api/v1 SUBSCRIBE streaming endpoint, this can generate
unnecessary authorization requests and affects performance.

We are considering a few potential solutions:

   - We can add heartbeats to the SUBSCRIBE call.  This would need to be
   part of a separate operator Call, because one platform (browsers) that
   might subscribe to the master does not support two-way streaming.
   - We can add (optional) arguments to the SUBSCRIBE call, which tells the
   master to disconnect it after a while.  And the client would have to remake
   the connection every so often.
   - We can change the master to hold subscribers in a circular buffer, and
   disconnect the oldest ones if there are too many connections.

We're tracking progress on this issue here:
Some prototypes of the code changes involved are also linked in the JIRA.

Please chime in if you have any suggestions or if any of these options
would be undesirable/bad,
~Joseph