It depends on how do you want to manage the configuration files for your
containers - dynamic or static.

   - Dynamic
      - Fetch via URI - you probably do not need your application
      entrypoint to fetch. Instead Mesos and marathon supports fetching URIs to
      your container sandbox.
      http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/fetcher/
      - Pass into the container as a file based secret if it is sensitive.

      http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/secrets/#file-based-secrets
      - Environment Variable.
   - Static
      - Host_path volume - mounting a host path or file into your container.

http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/container-volume/#host_path-volume-source
      - Build it in your container image if those configurations are not
      expected to be changed.

> Furthermore this page[1] says the sandbox is considered read only, yet
the stdout and stderr are located there???
I think the document
<http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/sandbox/#using-the-sandbox> means
that sandbox is not expected to be touched by any 3rd party software or
people *other than* Mesos, executor and task/application.

-Gilbert