I am having problems[1] getting marathon to run since march (can only
run 1.7) and the only emails I receive from d2iq is how to rate their
support. I wonder if this Marathon is still best to be used with mesos.
I have aurora running, but it looks to have less options.

What I like about the Marathon framework is of course the web interface
and some plugins that allowed me to use capabilities. I know I
should/could launch application directly in mesos via the command line.
But I am just starting with the mesos and I prefer now to have a gui.

Can anyone advice on a good alternative to marathon?

[1]
https://jira.d2iq.com/browse/MARATHON-8729
https://github.com/mesosphere/marathon/issues/7136