Recently I enabled the cpu and memory isolators on my test cluster. And
since then I have been seeing the marathon containers (when becoming
leader) increase memory usage from ~400MB until they oom at 850MB
(checking vi systemd-cgtop).

Now I am testing with these settings from this page[1]

JAVA_OPTS "-Xshare:off -XX:+UseSerialGC -XX:+TieredCompilation
-XX:TieredStopAtLevel=1 -Xint -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions
-XX:+UseJVMCICompiler"
LD_PRELOAD "/usr/lib64/libjemalloc.so.1"

Is someone able to share an efficient config? Or is it not possible to
get marathon running below 1GB? At the moment I have only ~10 tasks.

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53451103/java-using-much-more-memory-than-heap-size-or-size-correctly-docker-memory-limi