Mesos uses Google's glog library for logging:
https://github.com/google/glog

I believe it just prints the local time. You can see that it's produced by
a call to gettimeofday(&tv, NULL) and localtime_r (not gmtime_r):

https://github.com/google/glog/blob/v0.4.0/src/logging.cc#L1267
https://github.com/google/glog/blob/v0.4.0/src/utilities.cc#L221

There appears to be no way to configure it.

We find most users set up their servers to use UTC as the local time.