Do you want to offer the users to run any type of query (as in - a
MetaModel Query) or is it specific things like "lookup by some attribute".
In the first case, you could put it into e.g. a PojoDataContext and just
serve that as a in-memory datastore. Or you could use something like H2 or
Derby and offer that via a JdbcDataContext. In the latter case I would
suggest simply to load it into a HashMap or something like that.