I would recommend just using a text editor if you’re not familiar with sed. To
solve your sed problem…

sed -i.bak "s/ansibleSkipTags=.*/ansibleSkipTags=\'quick_dev\'/"
metron-deployment/vagrant/full-dev-platform/Vagrantfile

sed -i  means run the sed command (in this case a find replace) inplace on the
file, the text following the -i is the name to append to a backup version (ie
the original file unchanged).

Metron does tend to assume a good knowledge of linux admin, you’ll find we have
a lot of shell gurus in the community, but if you’re struggling with this,
maybe a simple text editor would be easier. All you’re trying to do here is
change a config value.

Simon