I would recommend starting out with something like Spark, but the short answer
is that anything that will run inside a yarn container, so the answer is most
ML libraries.

Using Spark to train models on the historical store is a good bet, and then
using the trained models with model as a service.

See
https://github.com/apache/metron/tree/master/metron-analytics/metron-maas-service

<https://github.com/apache/metron/tree/master/metron-analytics/metron-maas-service>
 for information on models and some sample boilerplate for deploying your own
python based models.

You could as some have suggested use spark streaming, but to be honest, the
spark ML models are not well suited to streaming use cases, and you would be
very much breaking the metron flow rather than benefitting from elements like
MaaS (you’d basically be building a 100% custom side project, which would be
fine, but you’re missing a lot of the benefits of Metron that way). If you do
go down that route I would strong recommend having the output of your streaming
jobs feed back into a Metron sensor. To be honest though, you’re much better
off training in batch and scoring / inferring via the Model as a Service
approach.

Simon