To be honest, rather than messing about with grub for this, I would follow the
alternative route outlines in the wiki page.

To be even more honest, I wouldn’t use that method from the wiki and would
probably go with something like the full dev VM platform if you’re looking to
do development work. If you’re looking for production scale, a proper mpack
based install on an existing Ambari managed cluster (see elsewhere for docs on
how to set one of these up with a hadoop distribution) is probably better.

Simon