How are you trying to install Metron?  I assume this is for the dev platform
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/tree/master/metron-deployment/vagrant/full-dev-platform>,
not the install on an Ambari-Managed cluster
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Metron+Installation+on+an+Ambari-Managed+Cluster>?
If the former, it is much more flexible and it doesn't have to be installed
on a CentOS server.  I've done it numerous times on my Mac, but I'm pretty
sure people have done it on a few different platforms.

If you're installing HDP 2.4 and then layering Metron on top, that's a
different story.  Here's what I'm using for my bare metal cluster
(excluding the metron install node which is 7.x):

$ cat /etc/centos-release
CentOS release 6.8 (Final)
$ uname -a
Linux pgh-dat-t52.iso.local.cmu.edu 2.6.32-642.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue May 10
17:27:01 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Jon

‪On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 8:04 AM ‫نوشین سادات طاهری‬‎ <

--

Jon