Hi all,

Enhanced testing of Metron, especially performance testing, would be aided by
having data sets of realistic size, that exercise one or more of the various
parts of Metron:

  *   each Parser (bro, yaf, snort, squid, ...)
  *   each Enhancer (geo, user, assets, ...)
  *   each Threat Intel module (Soltra, HailATaxi, ...)

Data sets must meet the following criteria:

  *   opensource or public domain
  *   suitably scrubbed, containing no Personally Identifiable Information
  *   unencumbered by company sensitivity, security, or IP concerns.

They may take the form of raw PCAP streams, or they may be already parsed or
otherwise pre-processed.

If you know of opensource or public domain data sets of this kind, please
respond with the URL, in this email thread or to the Jira ticket
METRON-491<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-491>.

If you have an appropriate data set that your company would be willing to
contribute, please also respond and we will help in any way we can.

?

Thanks,

--Matt