Hello,

We had recently deployed Metron  using Mpack
(hcs-ambari-mpack-1.0.0.1.0.0.0-97.tar.gz) at client’s place and we were
getting below error. I just wanted to bring to your notice about this issue.

Error in Storm UI for my Ranger topology:
Java.lang.RuntimeException: Grok parser Error: Grok parser unable to initialize
grok parser: Unable to load /apps/metron/patterns/ranger from either classpath
or HDFS at org.apache.metron.parsers.Gro

Ryan kindly helped me to resolve this. However the resolution was that HBASE
client was not installed where all storm supervisor were running.

Thanks.

Thanks & Regards,
Jigar Patel
Systems Architect, Professional Services, EMEA
Hortonworks, Inc

+447776346581
skype:Jigar_Hortonworks
jigar.pa...@hortonworks.com<mailto:jigar.pa...@hortonworks.com>
5th Floor, 30 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1HT, United Kingdom
[cid:image001.png@01D296BD.3D612E10]