From: Casey Stella <ceste...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, March 17, 2017 at 8:53 AM
To: "user@metron.incubator.apache.org" <user@metron.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Metron (incubating) 0.3.1 is released

I am very proud to announce that the 0.3.1 release bits have been released.
You can see this reflected on our website at
http://metron.apache.org/documentation/#releases  Also, I want to point out
that our github documentation for the release is currently located at
http://metron.apache.org/current-book/index.html and linked from the release
page (Thanks Matt for making that happen!).

I'm particularly proud of this release as it'll be the release on which we base
our exit from the incubator.  I really appreciate all of the contributions that
everyone made to make this possible.  Heartfelt gratitude goes out to the
community, the committers, the contributors and the mentors for making this
happen.  In the best tradition of open source software, it took a village to
build a Metron. :)

Highlights from this release:

  *   Proper numeric types for Stellar
  *   A CEF parser similar to the one in NiFi
  *   HLLP+ sketches for Stellar and Profiler. Now you can answer questions
like "# of distinct IPs did this user connect to?" in triage rules
  *   The github documentation in a docbook
  *   Transition of geo enrichment to not rely on mysql and have an
accompanying Stellar function.
  *   Enrichment Loader got faster and more capable.  Now you can do stellar
transformations on data you're loading into HBase!
  *   Stability and robustness improvements to the Profiler and the core
Stellar functions.
  *   Indexes can be turned on and off at the sensor granularity (i.e. write to
ES without writing to HDFS)
  *   Zeppelin notebooks!
Tweet linked at https://twitter.com/ApacheMetron/status/842761543620079616

Best,

Casey

PS. I still have some JIRA work to do to clean up from this release; I'll be
doing that by the end of the weekend.