I don't know about Eclipse but you can safely run different versions on the
same machine. Depending on what changed between versions (perhaps a
incompatible change in the CrawlDB of whatever) i'd not share the generated
data and config.

--
Markus Jelsma - CTO - Openindex
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17