so let me make sure I understand.  what this guy did is that he made an XML
file from his local backup of wikipedia but he didn't crawl it?maybe I don't
need to crawl it, either, since the XML file can include the "id" field
which is where Solr keeps URLs, right?

What I want to be able to do is submit a search to Solr, get back an answer
set as a file using wt=csv, use a shell script to wget the documents in the
answer set and then process them various ways. I already have this working
on test data, I just need to be able to include the wiki data in the search
& research results so the shell script can go get them too.