Hi David,

the first steps are right but maybe it's easier to run the Java classes via
bin/nutch:

bin/nutch freegen  urls2/  freegen_segments/
# generated: freegen_segments/123
bin/nutch fetch  freegen_segments/123
bin/nutch parse  freegen_segments/123  (if fetcher.parse == false)
bin/nutch updatedb  ...  freegen_segments/123 ...
bin/nutch linkdb ...  freegen_segments/123  ...

Have a look at the command-line help for more details on
the arguments, there is also a wiki page.

But now you don't run the crawl command but just:

bin/nutch solrindex ... freegen_segments/123

The central point is to process only the segment you just created
via FreeGenerator. Either you place it in a new directory, or store it in a
variable.

Cheers,
Sebastian