This shouldn't be happening but we are aware (the Jira instance reflects
this) that there are some existing compatibility issues with Nutch 2.x HEAD.
IIRC Kiran had a patch integrated which dealt with some of these issues.
What I have to ask is what JDK are you using? I use 1.6.0_25 (I really need
to upgrade) on my laptop and we run the Apache Nutch nightly builds for
both 1.x trunk and 2.x branch on the latest 1.7 version of Java.
Unless I have broken my code whilst writing some patches, my code compiles
flawlessly locally and as a project we do not have regular compiler issues
with our development nightly builds.

--
*Lewis*