Hi,

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 9:50 AM, <user-digest-h...@nutch.apache.org> wrote:

> Releases of Nutch 2 tend to follow releases of Gora as it relies on it an
> awful lot.

We're working on the Avro upgrade in Gora and finally (after a loooong time
away from the task at hand) I am finding time to return and finish the job.
We will hopefully release Gora once this is done, make the upgrade to Nutch
then spin an RC.

> In particular I expect that Nutch 2 would benefit from
> GORA-119< https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-119> a
> lot but unfortunately that issue seems to have done little progress over
> the last 12 months.

Yeah... :(

> Apart from that, the work you have done on porting the
> plugable indexing to Nutch 2 would be a great addition to the next release.

+1, I'll try and pick up some patches you guys have been working on. The
absence has been eating away at me as it now appears there has been
progress and hatpatches would really benefit from review and possibly
inclusion.

> I will try and find the time to have a look at it but hopefully you'll get
> more reviews and comments from Nutch 2 users and developers.

+1

https://reviews.apache.org/r/13492/