Hi

We have a setup of Hbase on an AWS cluster with centos 7. The setup was
done using cloudera-manager. Nutch can be then run in standalone mode or
over yarn by running the deployment jar in deploy folder.

I have not tested with S3 directly but your can always backup the hbase
data daily to S3.

Hope this helps.Let me know if you have further queries.

Divjot