Hi David,

there are a couple of options to configure how links are followed by the
crawler, esp.
  db.max.outlinks.per.page
  db.ignore.external.links

It the white space in the URLs intended?
> https://assets0.mysite.com/asset /DB_product.pdf
>>> +https://assets.*. mysite.com/asset

URLs normally require space to be encoded as '%20' (percent encoding)
or '+' (form encoding, after ?)

In doubt, start debugging:

1. check the logs

2. try
   $ bin/nutch parsechecker -dumpText http://.../xyz.html        (PDFs linked
from here)
   $ bin/nutch parsechecker -dumpText http://.../xyz.pdf
   $ bin/nutch indexchecker http://.../xyz.pdf

3. inspect the storage (HBase, etc.) what's in for the fetched PDFs or the HTML
with the links.

Best,
Sebastian