And it may get me banned, but so be it.

I've ben trying to get a Nutch/Solr setup running and, after many hours of
cruising StackOverflow, this list and many documentation sites which talked
about various versions, I've got nothing to show for it.

Why is this so complex and why is a reasonable set of documentation about
how to integrate the solutions so hard to find?

Can anyone point me to an ACCURATE Nutch 2.3/Solr tutorial?  If some one
can help me here, I'll write a Chef cookbook that automates the whole
thing.  However, I can't get any of the tutorials I've tried so far to work.

Thanks and hopefully the community will help me (and others) work through
this or absolve me of my apparent ignorance.

- Ray.