Hi Robert,

unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce the problem.
Fetching works with the recent 1.x and Java 8, I've tried both:

  bin/nutch parsechecker -Dplugin.includes='protocol-http|parse-html'
https://potomac.edu/

  bin/nutch parsechecker -Dplugin.includes='protocol-httpclient|parse-html'
https://potomac.edu/

Best,
Sebastian