Dear Apache Enthusiast,

We are pleased to announce our schedule for ApacheCon North America 2018. ApacheCon will be held September 23-27 at the Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain in Montreal, Canada.

Registration is open! The early bird rate of $575 lasts until July 21, at which time it goes up to $800. And the room block at the Marriott ($225 CAD per night, including wifi) closes on August 24th.

We will be featuring more than 100 sessions on Apache projects. The schedule is now online at https://apachecon.com/acna18/

The schedule includes full tracks of content from Cloudstack[1], Tomcat[2], and our GeoSpatial community[3].

We will have 4 keynote speakers, two of whom are Apache members, and two from the wider community.

On Tuesday, Apache member and former board member Cliff Schmidt will be speaking about how Amplio uses technology to educate and improve the quality of life of people living in very difficult parts of the world[4]. And Apache Fineract VP Myrle Krantz will speak about how Open Source banking is helping the global fight against poverty[5].

Then, on Wednesday, we’ll hear from Bridget Kromhout, Principal Cloud Developer Advocate from Microsoft, about the really hard problem in software - the people[6]. And Euan McLeod, ‎VP VIPER at ‎Comcast will show us the many ways that Apache software delivers your favorite shows to your living room[7].

ApacheCon will also feature old favorites like the Lightning Talks, the Hackathon (running the duration of the event), PGP key signing, and lots of hallway-track time to get to know your project community better.

See you in Montreal!

Rich Bowen
VP Conferences, The Apache Software Foundation
h...@apachecon.com
@ApacheCon

[1] http://cloudstackcollab.org/
[2] http://tomcat.apache.org/conference.html
[3] http://apachecon.dukecon.org/acna/2018/#/schedule?search=geospatial
[4] http://apachecon.dukecon.org/acna/2018/#/scheduledEvent/df977fd305a31b903 [5] http://apachecon.dukecon.org/acna/2018/#/scheduledEvent/22c6c30412a3828d6 [6] http://apachecon.dukecon.org/acna/2018/#/scheduledEvent/fbbb2384fa91ebc6b [7] http://apachecon.dukecon.org/acna/2018/#/scheduledEvent/88d50c3613852c2de