If I understand correctly, what you want is to index/store the URL where
the PDF link was found right? The name of the website we don't track (by
default). But you could do this (sort of) using the index-links plugin (
https://github.com/apache/nutch/tree/master/src/plugin/index-links).

This will allow you to index all the outlinks of a given URL. So if A is
the parent URL of B (pdf file), then you should be able to find the B URL
in the outlinks of A. This is basically reverting the problem, instead of
looking for the parent of B, you would be looking for any URL that has B
has an outlink. In theory you could find all the URLs that point to a
specific resource (PDF file).

Hope that helps,

Best Regards,
Jorge