Hi Timeka,

well, the really short answer is: Nutch sends "documents" to Solr using
the Solr4j client library. A "document" is a single web page fetched, parsed
and split into indexable fields, e.g., "title", "keywords", "content".

For further information you may look into

https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchTutorial#Step-by-Step:_Indexing_into_Apache_Solr

  https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/IndexWriters

  https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/Presentations
  https://www.slideshare.net/search/slideshow?searchfrom=header&q=nutch

For the tiny details, you may need to inspect the Nutch source code directly.

Best,
Sebastian