Hi Timeka,

you mean the steps given in
  https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchTutorial#Setup_Solr_for_search ?

The "nutch" core is defined only by a directory
   ${APACHE_SOLR_HOME}/server/solr/configsets/nutch
which must contain the correct schema in the conf/ subfolder.

Commands to setup Solr and copy the schema are given in the tutorial
as Unix/Linux commands.

Could you tell us what is confusing. Agreed, the description could be
more detailed.

Thanks,
Sebastian