Hi Dave,

Comments inline

Regards.

----- Mensaje original -----
> De: "Dave Beckstrom" <dbeckst...@figleaf.com>
> Para: "user" <user@nutch.apache.org>
> Enviados: Jueves, 28 de Febrero 2019 18:45:34
> Asunto: [MASSMAIL]Error Updating Solr

> I'm getting much closer to getting Nutch and SOLR to play well together.
> (Ryan - thanks for your help on my last question.  Your suggestion fixed
> that issue)
>
> What is happening now is that Nutch finishes crawling, then calls the
> index-writer to update solr.  The SOLR update fails with this message:
>
> 2019-02-28 17:34:33,742 WARN  mapred.LocalJobRunner -
> job_local966037581_0001
> java.lang.Exception:
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException: Error
> from server at http://127.0.0.1:8981/solr/<collection name>: copyField dest
> :'metatag.description_str' is not an explicit field and doesn't match a
> dynamicField.

This seems to me like a Solr bad configured schema. I think you don't have
declared the "metatag.description_str" field in your schema.xml. So, Solr is
trying to copy into a field that doesn't exist.

> The mapping section of the index writer originally had this value:
>
> <field source="metatag.description" dest="description"/>

The default configuration of index-writers.xml file is a reference. It's for
you to know what you can do with this file, but you can modify it according
your needs. In this case Nutch will change the name of the field
"metatag.description" to "description" and finally this field will be sent to
Solr as "description". More information about this at
https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/IndexWriters#Mapping_section