Hi Dave and Ryan

Comments inline

Best

----- Mensaje original -----
> De: "Ryan Suarez" <ryan.sua...@sheridancollege.ca>
> Para: user@nutch.apache.org
> Enviados: Sábado, 2 de Marzo 2019 11:48:51
> Asunto: [MASSMAIL]Re: Direct Nutch crawler to use different SOLR index writer?

> # ./crawl -h
>  -D A Java property to pass to Nutch calls
>
> /opt/nutch/bin/crawl -i -D
> solr.server.url=http://yourSOLR.com:8983/solr/collection1
> /opt/nutch/bin/crawl -i -D
> solr.server.url=http://yourSOLR.com:8983/solr/collection2

This property is not used by Nutch 1.15 (I assume you're using this version).
Since https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-1480 the only way to define
the properties of any index writer is in the index-writers.xml file.

> On Fri, 2019-03-01 at 13:32 -0600, Dave Beckstrom wrote:
> This message was sent from outside of Sheridan College. Please be careful when
> opening attachments, clicking links, or responding to requests for
> information.
>

> I have two index writers defined in index-writers.xml
>
> 1) indexer_solr_1
> 2) indexer_solr_2
>
> They each point to a different SOLR collection.  I kick off the crawling
> using the Nutch crawler script (/bin/crawler) currently running it via
> cygwin
>
> I am not finding a way to tell Nutch when I run the crawl that I want it to
> use indexer_solr_2   I expected there would be a parameter I could pass to
> the /bin/Crawl script but I'm not seeing it.
>
> I need to be able to tell Nutch to crawl different areas of my site and
> populate the results into separate, different SOLR collections.
>
> Any suggestions?

A workaround for this is using the exchange component
(https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/Exchanges)