OK understood.
I am using nutch defaults and they are set optimally especially for polite
crawling.
I am indeed right now crawling just one host and given the defaults the
throughput is what it should be.

Yes one need not to be aggressive here and just be patient.

I think no where in near future I would have over 10M urls to crawl for
1000s of host and local crawling is just fine in my case.
So I would just continue the way it is right now.

Thanks
Sachin