Hi Iain,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I am not using the OOTB UI and I am rendering author and publisher details as simple label and not the drop downs. However, I feel the Product-Party is the best way to go as suggested by David. What is your opinion about using Product-Party relationship?

Can you share with me how you plan to work on entity extension(s)? If it can serve the purpose in a better way, may be I can work on it.

Thanks,

Raj

Iain Fogg wrote:
Hi Raj,

I own a bookshop and use OFBiz. I initially went down the ProductFeature path, but found that performance suffered badly with the out-of-the-box UI (eg, drop downs loading full lists of authors/publishers). I ended up using features for the publisher, but captured the author as Content.

On my long list of things to do is to do an entity extension(s) to better handle the specific needs of the book trade.

For what it's worth....

Cheers, Iain

Raj Saini wrote:
Thanks David. I will work on those directions.

Thanks,

Raj
David E Jones wrote:

The most natural structure would be a Product-Party relationship. A more common one for parametric data though is the ProductFeature* stuff.

-David

Raj Saini wrote:
Hi,

What is the best way of associating book attributes such as Author, publisher etc with a product. I am thinking of using product Attributes for the same. Is it right approach?

Thanks,

Raj Saini