After more testing I found that messageId is saved in CommunicationEvent only when I send mails through Party Component. But when I send mail through Marketing component using "Contact list" feature, then messageId is not saved in CommunicationEvent entity.

Divesh

Divesh Dutta wrote:
Intersting to see that still no views on this imp issue. But we had good discussion for "webtools" login page ;-) . Here looking more into this code and testing , I found that messageId for outgoing mails are not saved in CommunicationEvent entity. If some one is getting the same behaviour please let me know.

Divesh

Divesh Dutta wrote:
Hello all,

I was tracing and debugging the code in storeIncomingEmail service in CommunicationEventServices.java (on rev. 772658). Steps I followed:
-- Sent an outgoing mail from system . (say from abc....@gmail.com)
-- Then replied to this email id (incoming email)

So reffering line no. 599 :
// check for for a reply to communication event (using in-reply-to the parent messageID) ( line 600 to 616). What I found is this part of code never works because parentCommEventId is never saved in database in CommunicationEvent entity. Reason being:

Here code is trying to get parentCommEvent on the basis of "inReplyTo" field from CommunicationEvent entity by comparing it with messageId.

But what I found is "messageId" for outgoing mail is never *same *as "inReplyTo" for incoming mail.

Please correct me if I am wrong some where . Any views on this are most welcome

Divesh