Hello Tanzeem,

You may try this one:

Map parameters = UtilHttp.getParameterMap(request); {Here request is object of HttpServletRequest}
       Timestamp date = (Timestamp) parameters.get("fieldname");

Hope this may help you

Divesh

tanzeem.mb wrote:
Hi ofbiz nerds,

I'm trying to pass field values of type timestamp from my form to my servlet
method using java event handler. when i try to get the value of the field using getParameter("fieldname") i am getting the value as null.

This problem did not occur when i was using a service event handler and
using objectofDispatchContext.get("fieldName") . But i want to use servlet
method only and i am stuck.

How can i rectify the problem.Please help

Thanks in advance Tanzeem