Chris,
To extend the entity definition you can use ;
<extend-entity .../> tag in the entitymodel.xml of your own applications it
will override your existing entity definition.
To add some more attributes or override some relations can be achieved thru
its <field../> and <relation./> sub tags.

Hope the above information helps !!!

Rishi Solanki
Enterprise Software Developer
HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.