From: Deyan Tsvetanov <deyan.tsveta...@ittconsult.com>
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: EntitySync RMI error
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 11:22:55 +0300

Got it !

Seems that the previous exception was coming from the MCS ( server ) .
When I stopped the server I started getting the exception I kind of like
more :)

Message: Exception calling remote pull and report EntitySync service
with name: remotePullAndReportEntitySyncDataRmi; org.ofbiz.service.Gene
ricServiceException: RMI Error (Connection refused to host:
192.168.1.100; nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect)

So the problem was at the server side - RMIIF env var in startofbiz.sh
wasn't set , so ofbiz was trying to get RMI host IP by resolving the
hostname .

The misleading things for me was that:
1) no any sign in the MCS logs that somebody is trying to connect and
the MCS itself can not connect to its own RMI registry.
2) no any difference in the exceptions text on the POS ( client ) side:
the 2 exceptions ( local one - can not connect to 192.168.1.100  and the
remote one - can not connect to 127.0.0.1 )
look the same :)

So issue is solved,
sorry for bothering :)

-- deyan