Hi All,

While I was enjoying my summer vacation in Italy my thoughts also wandered
regarding OFBiz more particularly toward what more could be done to
increase the visibility of OFBiz with respect to (potential) adopters,
while simultaneously support the contributors.

My thoughts went into the direction that we all, and the parties exploring
OFBiz could benefit from a setup (call it a marketplace) where both open
source contributors and 3rd party solution providers can showcase their
add-ons, extensions and solution replacements. Some of our competitors also
have such a marketplace set up for promotion (e.g. ODOO with
https://www.odoo.com/apps).

This OFBiz Extensions Marketplace (OEM) is not intended to function as a
code repository, like Github, Sourceforge and others are offering. In stead
it should be regarded as something like the Yellow Pages, surrounding the
available solutions (i.e. links to profiles of the creators/maintainers,
links to the code repository in the case of a 3rd party OFBiz extension,
licensed under a liberal licence).

It will not only create more visibility of the OFBiz contributors (those
who showcase those add-ons, extension and other solutions), but is will
also provide an opportunity for OFBiz System Integrators and other Solution
and Service providers with another means to reach their target audiences
and drive traffic to their websites.

Over the coming weeks I will continue this initiative and start
implementing this OFBiz Extensions Marketplace in a hosted environment.

Of course, I appreciate your feedback and suggestions. If you have any,
please feel free to send me a email directly.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-