Hi Pierre,

I very much like the idea of a community driven marketing initiative and I appreciate your efforts on this. It could be a great opportunity for the community members to present their skills and solutions and show the users what's possible to do with OFBiz outside the standard funtionality.

As you might be aware, there was another initiative by Hans with a similar approach, see http://ofbiz.info . As far as I see, this approach never gained significant success and it seems dead for a few years now (at least the latest news is from 2012).

My theory is, and I might be totally wrong with it, that this is caused by the fact that the platform is in the hands of a single company and primarily used to promote this company itself. This seems to be the plan of your approach also, your companies and trademarks are placed prominently at the starting page, using adserver links etc..

I think this approach goes in the wrong direction and won't get enough acceptance and support by the community to be successful.

From my perspective, the right approach would be to develop and host such a site in the hands of the community, just like the OFBiz official website and demo sites. It should be a neutral place where every contributor and service provider has the same space to present his services and solutions. It must be assured that the platform is supported over a long time and that the community can decide which way to go with it.

I think the risk to have it in the hands of a single person or company is too high to spent significant time and effort in it.

This is just my thought of the current state of the initiative and maybe I misunderstood the approach. My apologies if that's the case.

Maybe I'm right and you think over the approach. Any thoughts of you and the other community members are very welcome, I'm curious what you think.

Kind regards,

Michael Brohl
ecomify GmbH
www.ecomify.de