+1

Thanks,

Michael

Am 23.09.16 um 10:44 schrieb Jacopo Cappellato:
Hi all,

my proposal is to remove the "oagis" specialpurpose component from the
trunk and record the event in our Attic page [*].
If we will do this, the consequence will be that the component will no more
be available in future releases: if you are using it, or plan to use it,
speak up now! :-)
Otherwise, its source code and interesting concepts will be always
available in our source repository and interested parties could easily
retrieve its sources following the instructions in our Attic page.
The main motivation for this proposal is because of the tricky license of
the XML schema files under specialpurpose/oagis/dtd/
These files are an old and unmaintained version and we could not upgrade
them because since their inclusion in OFBiz the newer versions have been
re-licensed under an incompatible license. Even in they current license,
they require special handling and mention in our LICENSE file and,
considering the complexity of the subject, and the fact that the component
has never attracted much attention (based on the questions or contributions
received in the years), I think it would be safer if we remove it from the
trunk.

Kind regards,

Jacopo

[*] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Attic