Emotional outbursts aside, I would say understanding the data loading
process would be very sufficient for a clean system setup and is in fact
better than a setup application. The README.md provides good examples.

As for the "OFBiz is dead" statement go ahead and take a look at the commit
log to get an idea of the activity level in this project. Suffice to say it
is one of the highest in Apache.