Hi Sharan, all,

I most likely cannot attend the Skype call so I will add some thoughts here.

I think we should set up a small documentation quality team which is responsible that the documentation send in by contributors is of good quality, consistent and (mostly) error free. This team should also propose the structure of the documentation and maybe add the empty .adoc files and includes to lead the way for contributors.

I'd volunteer to be part of this team.

It could also be a good idea to track who is working on a piece of documentation to avoid double work and encourage collaboration between contributors interested in the same topic(s). I think this might be Jira with a main task containing the main "rules" of documentation and several subtasks for each topic.

I suggest to have also a process to move documentation from the Wiki to the documentation in the repository. We should make sure that we do not have different documentation in both places. If someone is working on a topic he also could search the Wiki for it and try to merge/move it where applicable.

Moved/merged documentation from the Wiki should then be moved to an adoc Attic until everthing is cleared and the community agrees to remove it from the Wiki.

We should also define which contents should be in the repository and what the Wiki should contain or be linked to.

These are my first thoughts, happy to get some feedback and news from the Skype call.

Thanks,

Michael Brohl
ecomify GmbH
www.ecomify.de