Good morning James,

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 4:10 PM, <ja...@productive1.com> wrote:

> Good morning.  Something strange just happened in Financials that maybe
> this group can point me into the right direction
>
> I received a Purchase Order and the system Creating an balancing
> Accounting Transaction for "Uninvoiced Item Receipt & Inventory".  I
> then marked the vendor invoice as Ready and the system created another
> balancing transaction with Accounts Payable and Purchase Price Variance.
>

>From what I understand, when the vendor invoice has been posted the
Accounts Payable has been Credited (correct) and the Purchase Price
Variance has been Debited (unexpected); could you please share more details
about the invoice transaction (you can find them at the bottom of the
invoice detail screen)?

The account *debited* for each item in a purchase invoice is determined by
the mapping between the invoice item type and the account id as set in this
screen:

https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/accounting/control/editInvoiceItemType

In this screen you should see mappings from various purchase invoice item
types (like PINV_FPROD_ITEM) to the "Uninvoiced Item Receipt" account.
Please check what you have there.
As a side note, the "Purchase Price Variance" (that is usually an Expense
account) is used by the system when there is a difference between the
purchase price (in the order) of an item and its value in the purchase
invoice.

Kind regards,

Jacopo