Hi Sharan,

your email got lost in myriad of others received from this forum. You
asked for the exact installation steps (that went wrong) and here they are:

Install Java:

(referencing these instructions:
http://uniqueminds.co/manually-install-oracle-java-8-ubuntu/)

On your Desktop computer first do this:

Go to: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

Click the Java SE 8u161/ 8u162 link
In the Java SE Development Kit 8u162 section choose Accept License Agreement
Choose the Linux x64 link (jdk-8u162-linux-x64.tar.gz) and download it
Copy the download link (in Chrome press Ctrl-j, then copy download link)

In the terminal of your server do this:

wget "link-of-the-download-from-above"

mkdir /opt/jdk
tar -zxf jdk-8u162-linux-x64.tar.gz -C /opt/jdk

verify files are in the location:
ls /opt/jdk

In our case, the java executable is located under
/opt/jdk/jdk1.8.0_162/bin/java. To set it as the default JVM in your
machine run:

update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java
/opt/jdk/jdk1.8.0_162/bin/java 100

and

update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/javac javac
/opt/jdk/jdk1.8.0_162/bin/javac 100

Verifying installation:

java -version

The output should look like this:

java version "1.8.0_162" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build
1.8.0_162-b13) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.5-b02, mixed
mode)

Edit Java environment variable:

nano ~/.bashrc

copy the following text at end of file:

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle

Download latest Ofbiz files from https://www-us.apache.org/dist/ofbiz/
(On the download section of the website the download was blank and it
didn't work for me http://ofbiz.apache.org/download.html)

wget https://www-us.apache.org/dist/ofbiz/apache-ofbiz-16.11.04.zip

Verify download:

md5sum apache-ofbiz-16.11.04.zip

Should match the Md5 sum at:
https://www-us.apache.org/dist/ofbiz/apache-ofbiz-16.11.04.zip.md5

Install unzip:

sudo apt update && sudo apt install unzip

Unzip archive:

unzip apache-ofbiz-16.11.04.zip

Install Ofbiz

cd /usr/local/apache-ofbiz
./gradlew cleanAll loadDefault

Start Ofbiz:

./gradlew ofbiz

The process will take a minute or two, then will stop Building at 91%,
this is normal, now it is ready

To access the install go to following address:

https://[IP Address or domain]:8443/myportal/control/main
Admin Username: admin
Admin Password: ofbiz

On 2018/03/16 10:02:11, Sharan Foga <s...@apache.org> wrote:
 > Hi Rebecca>
 >
 > Welcome to our community! Thank you for being interested in helping
out with our documentation effort and I'll add you to the documentation
team list. We have a wiki page setup at the link below>

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Documentation+Team>

 > So please take a look through it and come back with any questions.>
 >
 > BTW if you are still having issues with your installation, please
give us more details so that we can help you. (Which version of OFBiz,
What you process you used to install etc)>

 > Thanks>
 > Sharan>
 >

 > On 2018/03/16 06:22:03, Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxsystems.com> wrote: >
 > > Hi Rebecca Johnson,>
 > > >
 > > Your email has been moderated, Please subscribe mailing list>
 > > http://ofbiz.apache.org/mailing-lists.html>
 > > >
 > > Thanks & Regards>
 > > -->
 > > Deepak Dixit>