Hello Charles,

In my opinion, whereas branch 17.12 is in stabilization period and you might
encounter some bugs, but if you are not in a hurry i'll go with it,
since there has been 8 month of bug fixes and a stable release should
come up at the end of the year or so.
This done that would spare the cost of a migration from 16.11 to 17.12.

I you want to be safer choose 16.11

Welcome in the community !

Gil