Georg,

You may have helped yourself Googling for, for example:

"start a new email thread"

You would have get to something like

https://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/computers/netiquette/email/start-new-thread.html

or "Thread Hijacking"

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thread%20Hijacking

or ""ml netiquette new thread""

The last one is the more complete and more serious one :)

Please use the user ML for questions, anyone ;)

HTH

Jacques