Hi all,

I think, one of the gratest liminations for satisfactory video conferencing
with om is the limited bandwidth of internet connections of the clients .
Therefore I would like to suggest the following ideas for a GSoC project :

1. The image size of the videos transferred from the om server to the clients
should be adapted to the video window size set in the recipient client.
Thus the recipient client itself could influence the transferred amount of data
to it.
Then all the participants achieve the best possible result for them.

2. A second proposal concerns that the screensharing  bandwidth requirements
has an great impact on the overall quality of the video conference.
Here, in a project the existing function of sreen sharing could be expanded and
enhanced.
For example, the possibility for the transfer on only one application window,
regardless of its size.
Or the possibility of shared browsing with a locally installed browser.
Moreover, certainly an improvement of the used compression method would be a
very good project topic.

I would be  happy if the subject of bandwidth consumption would plays a role in
the selected GSoC project .

Best regards

Ed

-------- Original-Nachricht --------