Hello Maxim:

I have a Windows 10 computer (originally 8.1 forced into Win10) about 1 year
old.  64 bits, 3.0 GHz, 2,0 GB RAM,  After installing Win10 it has got slow
(some programs get so slow I have to restart the computer to get things back to
"normal").  Chrome is permanently getting stuck, goes on and on and gets
nowhere.  My antivirus says my startup needs a clean up, too much Sh** moving
about in the background and if a pay so much they'll clean it up.  I have a
Windows XP Laptop, 2.0 GHz, 1.87 GB RAM, 64x2 mobile, where Word opens
immediately, my antivirus has never told me he needs to clean up anything and I
don't know if it has any other of the issues because I don't use it connected
to the Internet except for very specific uses because Microsoft doesn't support
it anymore (and no one else for that case).  Maybe I'll be throwing this
Microsoft 10th bum out of the Window's.  Maybe it's this Windows the cause I
can't connect due to some configuration intruding where it shouldn't.

I have done the tests following your questions.  This is what I've got.  I'd
love to know if anyone using Windows 10 has been able to get Openmeetings
running past this point.

Case 1)
a) I changed port 5080 for port 80 in: \conf\red5.properties and
\webapps\openmeetings\public\config.xml

b) I double clicked on red5.bat to run red5.

c) I put:
were you able to open
http://localhost:80/openmeetings from same machine?  > YES, I get into the
dashboard
http://ext_ip:80/openmeetings from same machine?       > NO, Access Error: 404
-- Not Found
http://ext_ip:80/openmeetings from external machine?  > NO, Access Error: 404
-- Not Found

Case 2)
In Windows 10: Control Panel (Panel de Control) > Windows Firewall (Firewall de
Windows) > Advanced Settings (Configuración Avanzada) > Entry Rules (Reglas de
Entrada)
Port 80 seems to be open (tell me if you want to see the Exported file with
Entry Rules – I don’t understand all the details but port 80 is there).  I also
created new rules for ports: TCP 5080, UDP 5080, TCP 1935, TCP 8443, TCP 8088,
TCP 8081 allowing connection from Domain, Private and Public.

Having all this supposedly open (and port 5080 in: \conf\red5.properties and
\webapps\openmeetings\public\config.xml), I have disabled Windows Firewall
(Private and Public): I run red5 and once activated I open Chrome and paste the
links:
were you able to open
http://localhost:5080/openmeetings from same machine? > YES, I get into the
dashboard
http://ext_ip:5080/openmeetings from same machine?      > NO,
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

  (in Chrome), INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND (in IE)
http://ext_ip:5080/openmeetings from external machine? > NO,
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I disable my antivirus:
In the three cases I get the same responses.

Details of Case 1 procedure:
http://localhost:80/openmeetings > transforms to
http://localhost/openmeetings in the browser > takes to OM’s login page
I enter > http://localhost/openmeetings/#user/dashboard
I go to > Administration > Configuration
Where I have the following data (left there from yesterday – my current IP is
the same one)
application.base.url    http://181.myIP:5080/openmeetings/

In another Chrome window I enter:
http://181.myIP/openmeetings/ > Access Error: 404 -- Not Found
http://181.myIP:80/openmeetings/ > Access Error: 404 -- Not Found
http://181.myIP:5080/openmeetings/ > ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I go to > Administration > Configuration
I change:
application.base.url    http://181.myIP:5080/openmeetings/
for
application.base.url    http://181.myIP:80/openmeetings/
I save, log out, close Chrome window, close red5 window.
I wait a few seconds, restart red5, open a Chrome window and paste in the
browser:
http://localhost:80/openmeetings > transforms to
http://localhost/openmeetings in the browser > takes to OM’s login page
I enter > http://localhost/openmeetings/#user/dashboard

In another Chrome window I enter:
http://181.myIP/openmeetings/ > Access Error: 404 -- Not Found
http://181.myIP:80/openmeetings/ > Access Error: 404 -- Not Found
http://181.myIP:5080/openmeetings/ > ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

http://localhost:80/openmeetings > takes me directly to the Dashboard, even if
in the other window I logged in with, I’m on another page (i.e. “Start”).

If I open an IE window and paste:
http://localhost:80/openmeetings > it takes me to the login page.
I created a user and logged in with this username and password.  It took me to
the admin space, but with the name of the user.   Now I’m logged-in in Chrome
and IE with two different users.
If I log-out with user 2, user 1 is still logged-in with Chrome.

In my Laptop (external machine?) connected to the router with a cable:
I open Chrome and paste: http://181.myIP:80/openmeetings > Access Error: 404 --
Not Found

Thanks for your interest in my backache,

Richard