Richard,

The problem (probably) is that you either...
a) don't have a public IP at all (your ISP is doing NAT=network address translation) and in that case you will never get it working from public internet; b) have a public IP assigned to router but don't have NAT enabled on your router. In that case you will have to set up a DNAT rules (if your router is able to do so) for every single port that OM requires, or just put a range 80-65535. At that very moment your "server" (did you mentioned windows?) is exposed to any attack from the internet. You may still be unable to access "yourself" over the public IP, due to some limitations in routing. You may also have an option to put your local ip (192....) into so-called DMZ, which basically does the same.

Please read the basic docs for example here: http://whatismyipaddress.com/nat

--- do not read below if you are not interested in personal opinions ---

Anyway, you may still be limited by your internet connection upload speed and even if OM would finally work for you it may be hardly usable or would be a pain in the "S" for the invited.

My best recommendation would be to invest few bucks and use VPS. Install the best tested OS (which one would you recommend btw @Maxim ? :) CentOS? Ubuntu Server LTS?), follow instructions step by step (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/Tutorials+for+installing+OpenMeetings+and+Tools) and YOU ARE DONE IN 30 MINUTES.

I've done so and I'm so happy now. I don't use OM for commercial interest but my time spent on setup, amount of hair that would be missing on my head, possible divorce and loosing a job for not sleeping at all could hardly be compared to 3,5 EURO PER MONTH I pay for VPS. Everything else is FREE. I don't want to make any advertisements here but I use the very basic one (1x2,4GHz, 2GB RAM, 10GB SSD) from a company which name is 3-letters long, the first one looks like zero, the last one is H and the middle one looks like backslash and forward slash glued together :D

And - what is the best for you in this case - you will LEARN A LOT OF NEW THINGS during some time! :)

All the best and wish you good luck!!!

PS: Maxim + the rest of OM team, you have my deepest sympathies, I admire your great work for this project!!!

--- end of emotional block, LOL ---

Best regards
Tharrrk