 Subject: Re: help configuration smtp server
 To: user@openmeetings.apache.org
 Date: Thursday, 10 August, 2017, 15:43

     Richard,
     The problem (probably) is that you either...

       a) don't have a public IP at all (your ISP is
 doing NAT=network
       address translation) and in that case you will never
 get it
       working from public internet;

       b) have a public IP assigned to router but don't
 have NAT enabled
       on your router. In that case you will have to set up a
 DNAT rules
       (if your router is able to do so) for every single
 port that OM
       requires, or just put a range 80-65535. At that very
 moment your
       "server" (did you mentioned windows?) is
 exposed to any attack
       from the internet. You may still be unable to access
 "yourself"
       over the public IP, due to some limitations in
 routing. You may
       also have an option to put your local ip (192....)
 into so-called
       DMZ, which basically does the same.

     Please read the basic docs for example here:
       http://whatismyipaddress.com/nat
     --- do not read below if you are not interested in
 personal
       opinions ---

     Anyway, you may still be limited by your internet
 connection
       upload speed and even if OM would finally work for you
 it may be
       hardly usable or would be a pain in the "S"
 for the invited.
     My best recommendation would be to invest few bucks
 and use VPS.
       Install the best tested OS (which one would you
 recommend btw
       @Maxim ? :) CentOS? Ubuntu Server LTS?), follow
 instructions step
       by step

(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/Tutorials+for+installing+OpenMeetings+and+Tools)
       and YOU ARE DONE IN 30 MINUTES.
     I've done so and I'm so happy now. I
 don't use OM for commercial
       interest but my time spent on setup, amount of hair
 that would be
       missing on my head, possible divorce and loosing a job
 for not
       sleeping at all could hardly be compared to 3,5 EURO
 PER MONTH I
       pay for VPS. Everything else is FREE. I don't want
 to make any
       advertisements here but I use the very basic one
 (1x2,4GHz, 2GB
       RAM, 10GB SSD) from a company which name is 3-letters
 long, the
       first one looks like zero, the last one is H and the
 middle one
       looks like backslash and forward slash glued together
 :D
     And - what is the best for you in this case - you
 will LEARN A
       LOT OF NEW THINGS during some time! :)
     All the best and wish you good luck!!!

     PS: Maxim + the rest of OM team, you have my deepest
 sympathies, I
     admire your great work for this project!!!

     --- end of emotional block, LOL ---

     Best regards

     Tharrrk

     On 10.8.2017 05:33,
 Maxim Solodovnik
       wrote:

       Unfortunately this is the only first
 step

         IP address 192.*** is the address of your local
 network
           (created for you by your router)
         You have skipped the steps:
         1) go to
 you router settings
 (router web
             interface, most probably available at
 192.168.1.1)
         2) find your
 external IP

         Check OM is
 accessible via
             this IP
         If not your
 WiFi router
             blocks incoming connections on port
 80/1935

         On Thu, Aug
 10, 2017 at 10:53 AM,
           Richard Pérez <traductorchi...@yahoo.co.uk>
           wrote:

             ¡¡¡GENIUS!!!!  :)  :) :) :)

             That did it, at least from my laptop.  Tomorrow
 I'll try
             connecting to my son's computer in another
 venue.

             http://www.nirsoft.net/show_
 my_ip_address.php

             whatismyipaddress.com

             https://www.iplocation.net/
 find-ip-address

             https://www.whatismyip.com

             And my ISP speed tester all had the same IP,
 giving no
             connection.

             IPv4 gave a different IP starting with
 192.....

             so, http://192......IP:5080/ openmeetings
             opens the login page in my laptop

             and takes the visitor to his dashboard.

             Changing

             application.base.url    to http://192......IP:5080/
 openmeetings/

             sent a link which takes my visitor directly to
 the room.

             Maximus Maxim:

             As my IP changes each day, or about, do I have
 to check
             IPv4, and use it for invitations at each
 change?

             What if I send the link to enter some days
 before the
             meeting and the IP/ IPv4 is different the day of
 the
             meeting?

             Or does this mean I should tweak something else
 so IP is the
             same as IPv4?

             I don't know what time it is where you are,
 but I'm going to
             sleep now.

             And I won't need Cate Blanchet to sleep like
 a log.

             A million thanks.

             Richard

             On Wed, 9/8/17, Maxim Solodovnik <solomax...@gmail.com>