To create recording hash you need to check this example:

http://openmeetings.apache.org/RestAPISample.html

Request for recording hash (not room hash) will be:

$.ajax({
  method: "POST",
  url: "services/user/hash?sid=78189aff-d68d-458a-8840-5b18d15a50b0",
  data: {user: JSON.stringify({
      firstname: 'John',
      lastname: 'Doe',
      externalId: 'uid1',
      externalType: 'myCMS',
      login: 'superjohn'
      }),
      *recordingId: XXX*,
      moderator: true,
      showAudioVideoTest: true
      })
    },
  dataType: "json"
})

you have to specify valid recording ID

Recording location on the server is:
${OM_HOME}/webapps/openmeetings/streams/hibernate/   (poster as JPG and
recording as mp4)
Raw intermediate files are in
${OM_HOME}/webapps/openmeetings/streams/<ROOM_ID>